Ms. Traven joined Collins & Slagle Co., LPA as an attorney in the fall of 2006. She previously served as a law clerk for the Firm during law school.
Ms. Traven received her J.D., Cum Laude, from Capital University Law School in 2006, where she was nominated to the Order of the Curia. While at Capital, Ms. Traven served as an Associate Editor (2004-2005) and on the Executive Board as a Research Editor (2005-2006) for the Capital University Law Review. In addition, she worked as a teaching assistant in the legal research and writing department for two years and studied comparative law in Germany and Greece during the summer of 2004. Prior to law school, Ms. Traven obtained her B.S. in Business from Miami University in 2003.
Ms. Traven has successfully handled a wide-variety of matters at Collins & Slagle Co., LPA, including complex domestic relations matters, drafting and litigating prenuptial agreements, estate planning, construction defect litigation, contract litigation, business formation and dissolution, partition actions, complex probate litigation, legal malpractice, and personal injury. Sample highlights of cases include the following:
- Lead counsel in complex construction defect litigation involving claims against engineer, general contractor, subcontractor, and surety, resulting in recovery for the client/project owner
- Represented companies in contested corporate dissolutions and buy-outs
- Developed asset protection plan
- Probate litigation involving claim for embezzled/concealed assets
- Represented companies in entity selection, formation, and business structure
- Declaratory judgment action to establish non-marital status of long-term relationship that pre-dated the invalidation of common law marriages
- Successful representation of grandparent seeking custodial and visitation rights of minor children
- Represented minority owner in negotiated disengagement from a condominium association
- Successfully represented employee in internal affairs investigation
- Represented companies in obtaining 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
- Pro Bono – Assisted non-profit ice hockey association establish and implement endowed scholarship
Ms. Traven is licensed to practice in Ohio, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and the United States Supreme Court.
In addition to her legal career, Ms. Traven has two young children with her husband, who is also an attorney. She enjoys gardening, photography, art, cooking, travel, sports/athletics of all types (particularly the Blue Jackets), and is always up for an adventure.