Allison joined Collins & Slagle in 2007 and has since represented clients in complex personal injury litigation, corporate litigation, probate litigation, and domestic relations matters. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced in the Corporate and Securities practice area with the law firm of Porter, Wright, Morris, and Arthur.
In addition to litigation, Allison is experienced helping clients with business formation, contract preparation and negotiation, and ongoing business considerations. Allison has represented private and public companies in merger, acquisition, and sale transactions. Allison’s career highlights include:
- Representing a seller in a complex $29 million asset sale
- Representing a seller in a complex $20 million asset sale
- Representing a client in a $13 million commercial loan refinance
- Recovering $1.7 million on behalf of a personal injury client
- Representing sellers in a $1.5 million stock sale
- Recovering over $200,000 on behalf of an estate in an embezzlement case
- Securing significant confidential settlements on behalf of personal injury clients
- Representing publicly traded companies in merger transactions
- Representing clients at the appellate level
- Helping individuals recover personal property that was wrongfully taken from them
- Assisting local organizations obtain tax-exempt status with the IRS, and assisting the organizations with other pro bono matters.
Allison attended Miami University where she met lifelong friends, was an active member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, studied in Luxembourg, and graduated Cum Laude in 2002 with degrees in both Finance and Management Information Systems.
After college, Allison attended Capital University Law School. At Capital, she was the Managing Editor of the Law Review, was nominated to the Order of the Curia, and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Writing I, Legal Writing II, and Legal Drafting, which award is given to the student earning the highest grade in the class. During law school, Allison clerked for Collins & Slagle and Porter Wright, completed an internship with the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio, and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Allison is licensed to practice law in Ohio and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. Allison has been selected for inclusion in the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star list every year since 2014. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on twelve indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. 2.5 percent or less of all attorneys are named to the Rising Stars list.
Allison is married to her high school sweetheart, and together they have two daughters. Together as a family, they love to play tennis, bike, run, swim, and travel.