Ms. Traven received her undergraduate degree in Business from Miami University in 2003, and received her J.D., cum laude, from Capital University Law School in 2006, where she was nominated to the Order of the Curia.
Ms. Traven received her J.D., Cum Laude, from Capital University Law School in 2006, where she was nominated to the Order of the Curia. While at Capital, Ms. Traven served as an Associate Editor (2004-2005) and Research Editor (2005-2006) for the Capital University Law Review. Ms. Traven earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Interviewing and Counseling, which award is given to the student earning the highest grade in the class. In addition, she worked as a teaching assistant in the legal research and writing department for two years, and studied comparative law in Germany and Greece during the summer of 2004. Prior to law school, Ms. Traven obtained her B.S. in Business from Miami University in 2003.
Ms. Traven has successfully handled a wide-variety of cases at Collins & Slagle Co., LPA, including construction defect litigation, contract litigation, business dissolution, partition actions, legal malpractice, various domestic relations matters, and personal injury. Sample highlights of cases include the following:
- Lead counsel in complex construction defect litigation involving claims against engineer, general contractor, subcontractor, and surety, resulting in recovery of approximately $2,200,000
- Personal injury litigation resulting in recovery in excess of $100,000
- Several contested corporate dissolutions
- Probate litigation involving claim for embezzled/concealed assets
- Assisted several companies in entity selection, formation, and business structure
- Declaratory judgment action to establish non-marital status of long-term
relationship that pre-dated the invalidation of common law marriages
- Successful representation of grandparent seeking custodial and visitation rights of minor children
- Represented minority owner in negotiated disengagement from a condominium association
- Successfully represented employee in internal affairs investigation
- Pro Bono – Assisted non-profit ice hockey association establish and implement endowed scholarship
Ms. Traven is licensed to practice in Ohio and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. She is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and Columbus Bar Association. Ms. Traven is also an active member of the Columbus Metropolitan Club.
In addition to her legal career, Ms. Traven enjoys photography, the culinary arts, travel, sports/athletics of all types, and spending time with her family and friends.