Ehren has been a partner at Collins & Slagle since 2009. Before becoming partner, Ehren was an associate for the firm for more than six years, and prior to that served as a law clerk for the firm during law school.
Before joining the firm, Ehren graduated Magna Cum Laude from Capital University Law School. While at Capital, Ehren was Managing Editor of the Law Review, completed an externship with Judge John D. Holschuh in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and was nominated to the Order of the Curia. In addition, Ehren earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Trial Advocacy, Decedent’s Estates, and Business Associations, which award is given to the student earning the highest grade in the class. Prior to law school, Ehren obtained his B.A. from Baldwin-Wallace College where he was a two-year captain of the varsity golf team.
Ehren is a frequent speaker for the Ohio State Bar Association on the topic of probate litigation, including will contests, admission of lost wills, concealed and embezzled assets, contested use or withdrawal of life-sustaining equipment, trust litigation, and disposition of bodily remains for the OSBA’s Elder Law Institute and Probate Litigation Continuing Legal Education seminar. Ehren has also published on the topic on several occasions.
Ehren has earned the prestigious AV – Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest peer review rating available driven by the confidential opinions of lawyers and members of the judiciary regarding an attorney’s ethical standards and legal ability. In addition, Ehren has been selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers. Only five percent of the total lawyers in the state are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process involving peer nominations and evaluations combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Ehren was also included in Columbus CEO Magazine’s Top Lawyers in 2015 and 2016.
Ehren frequently participates in the Ohio Supreme Court’s mentoring program. The mentoring program pairs qualified, experienced attorneys with newly-licensed attorneys to help them assimilate to the practice of law.
Ehren has successfully handled a wide-variety of cases at Collins & Slagle, including probate litigation, domestic relations, personal injury, contract litigation, insurance litigation, legal malpractice, and fraud litigation. Sample highlights of cases include the following:
- Personal injury case resulting in recovery in excess of $1,700,000
- Complex construction litigation resulting in recovery of approximately $2,200,000
- Numerous personal injury cases resulting in recoveries in excess of $100,000
- Complex contested probate and corporate matter resulting in benefit to client in excess of $1,300,000
- Assisted non-profit radio station in obtaining tax-exempt status with the IRS
- Successful will contests and defenses of will contests on behalf of beneficiaries and fiduciaries
- Successful high net worth divorces, motions to modify spousal support, motions to modify child support, motions to set aside judgments, and nearly all aspects of domestic relations cases.
- Extensive experience at the appellate level writing briefs and making oral arguments.