Allison joined Collins & Slagle in 2007. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced in the Corporate and Securities practice area with the law firm of Porter, Wright, Morris, and Arthur.
Allison attended Miami University where she met lifelong friends, was an active member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, studied in Luxembourg, and graduated Cum Laude in 2002 with degrees in both Finance and Management Information Systems.
Right out of college, Allison pursued her life-long dream of becoming an attorney by attending Capital University Law School. At Capital, she was the Managing Editor of the Law Review, was nominated to the Order of the Curia, and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for both Legal Writing I and II, and Legal Drafting classes, which award is given to the student earning the highest grade in the class. During law school, Allison clerked for Collins & Slagle and Porter Wright, and she graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Allison is experienced in helping clients with business formation, contract preparation and negotiation, and ongoing business considerations. Allison has represented private and public companies in merger, acquisition, and sale transactions. She is experienced in representing clients in complex personal injury litigation, corporate litigation, probate litigation, and domestic relations matters. Allison’s career highlights include:
• Representing a seller in a complex $29 million asset sale
• Representing a seller in a complex $20 million asset sale
• Representing a client in a $13 million commercial loan refinance
• Recovering $1.7 million on behalf of a personal injury client
• Representing sellers in a $1.5 million stock sale
• Recovering over $200,000 on behalf of an estate in an embezzlement case
• Representing publicly traded companies in merger transactions
• Representing clients at the appellate level by writing briefs
• Helping individuals recover personal property that was wrongfully taken from them
• Assisting local organizations obtain tax-exempt status with the IRS, and assisting the organizations with other pro bono matters.
Allison is licensed to practice law in Ohio and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. Allison has been selected for inclusion in the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star list in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on twelve indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. 2.5 percent or less of all attorneys are named to the Rising Stars list.
Allison married her high school sweetheart, and together they have two daughters. Together as a family, they love to play tennis, bike, run, swim, and travel. Allison enjoys photography, and baking with her daughters. She especially enjoys sharing with her daughters the seasonal kitchen traditions that she enjoyed growing up with her mom and grandmother.